Re: Favorite Email/Calender/PIM and Why

> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:25:22 -0400
> Matthew K Poer <matthewpoer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I need an email client. I need a calender/task scheduling program. I
> > know of these combo, "PIM" applications:
> > IceApe
> > IceDove w/ (Sunbird?) calender extension
> > Evolution
> > Kontact (Kmail/Kalendar/aKregator/K Address Book)
> > Sylpheed w/ iCal plug-in
> >
> > I am extremely unorganized and need a good quality calender program. I
> > am currently using Evolution in Fluxbox.
> >
> > I would like something a bit leaner, since I am using an old laptop.
> > However I'd wait an extra few seconds if it meant superior
> > functionality.
> >
> > Also, it would be nice to have my RSS feeds in the same program,
> > something Evolution currently does not do. Do the others?
> >
> > So, anyone who feels strongly for or against one of the above PIM
> > applications, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
> >
> > I'll be using the Etch version of whatever I end up with, and will be
> > migrating my current calenders and email from Evolution after I upgrade
> > from Sarge to Etch (if I decide to do so)

Personally, for PIM, I use my Palm.  Even if you don't have a palm, you
could use one of the palm syncers, like gnome-pilot and never sync...

Before that, I used Remind or a postgresql/python cobble when my main
box was my 486 (now its an Athlon).  Before that, I just used a plain
text file that I wrote in a consistant format so I could use sort on it.

For email, I use mutt.

What is the advantage of having a PIM integrated with email?  That's
what VCs are for.

Doug.