Re: Favorite Email/Calender/PIM and Why

I think that the kde solution is the most mature at the moment and leaner than
evolution although it drags along a whole host of libraries when you fire it up
(so does evolution though)

I don't like kmail as it takes the microsoft approach and won't play nicely
with other programs touching it's mail directories unless you setup a local
imap server and access everything over imap (a bad solution IMHO)

There are a few leaner ones, mainly text based, but they all seem to be rather
limited and nothing that doesn't use gtk or qt seems to work with hebrew.

For a mail reader I like sylpheed (should become claws mail soon with a few
nice upgrades), not too lite on the memory but rather lean and certainly
better than evolution, kmail may have been better if it didn't have the whole
library and directory issues. Sylpheed has a plugin to support rss. It also has
a plugin for vcalendar but I didn't like the results (no calendar, handles them
like mail)