Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 09:04:28PM -0300, Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto
wrote:
> > I think that non-free software go  to  restricted and to multiverse,
> > while main and universe are pure.  I believe main and restricted are
> > enabled by default, and that is why you ended up with unrar.
> >
> Humm, thinking again, Ubuntu keeps restricted to a bare minimum, and
> unrar would certainly go to multiverse. So I don't know how you
> ended up with unrar.  IIRC, restricted only has drivers and things
> like that.

I'm not sure how I ended up with unrar on my system, but I didn't like
it. I never really add third party sources to my sources.list so it
can't be that (The only time I EVER add third party sources is for
things like desktop environments, or things I'd really like to have
the "bleeding edge" of).

But Unrar isn't even the problem. Feisty is shipping with non-free
drivers, which in my opinion is an insult to Debian's philosophy.