Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock

I think that non-free software go  to  restricted and to multiverse, while  main and universe are pure.
I believe main and restricted are enabled by default, and that is why you ended up with unrar.
Humm, thinking again, Ubuntu keeps restricted to a bare minimum, and unrar would certainly go to multiverse. So I don't know how you ended up with unrar.
IIRC, restricted only has drivers and things like that.

--
Software is like sex: it is better when it is free.