Re: web browser choices

So right now I use iceape.  Its big and clunky I suppose, but mostly I
don't like all the security bugs that keep being found in the
gekko-based browsers (per the debian BTS).
Well, I was trying to find a lightweight browser too. Dillo is beautifully fast, but
1-) Lack some features as you mentioned. A can't use gmail, orkut, and some things on slashdot don't work (for example, I can't tag articles).
2-) Its interface is not as good as Firefox's. In Firefox, I can do everything with the keyboard. for example, hitting ' allows me to search links. I can move tabs, I can save tabs (which is extremely useful to me). I can have several search engines (extremely useful) and bookmark shortcuts with parameters (such as, i type cmq query in the location bar and it searches comp.lang.c.moderated for the string query). I have excellent extensions in Firefox, such as Gmail Manager, Greasemonkey, Image Zoom...

Firefox, while slow, can't be beat...

Resistance is futile...

By the way, you can use Swiftfox. It is an optimized build of Firefox with machine-specific optimizations, aggressive optimization flags and some features (like Pango) disabled to improve performance.

--
Software is like sex: it is better when it is free.