Re: Very slow network - Ubuntu

A. Ben Hmeda wrote:

>> Until you at least become current on you workstation, stop asking
>> questions.
>>

> Do you honestly think that everyone here is using Etch? or Sarge?

On a Debian user mailing list, I expect people to use Debian. Not Ubuntu,
not kanotix, not Xandros .... Though all these are based on Debian, they
are not Debian and there are crucial differences.

>> I don't really care to support an OLD version of a Debian derivative,
>> that isn't really Debian in the first place. Do us THAT before we
>> continue.
> If you are so pissed off that I'm not using 6.10, why are you replying
> in the first place? and Ubuntu isn't really Debian? what do you call a
> distro that uses apt, aptitude, deborphan, dpkg, etc and claims to be
> based on Debian? do you call it Yoper?

Yes. Ubuntu is NOT Debian. It is BASED on Debian. That is a big difference.
The fact that you are getting any replies (and not being flamed so far)
just shows how helpful+knowledgeable the community is. It does not mean
that you can ask your **** Ubuntu related issues on this list. There are
enough Ubuntu forums, mailing lists out there. They are set up for a
reason. If you cannot find an answer there, it is YOUR problem to keep
running Ubuntu.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi