Re: BellSouth DSL with Static IP

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, Michael Lueck wrote:

We can indeed "surf" reverting back to the default settings.

Indeed, default settings include the PPPoE end point being the Netopia. However, by default it NAT's the connection which makes the fact they include 5 static IP's basically useless.

No, on my 3547, and I'll bet his system, you can use pin holes (port
forwarding) and/or ipmaps (nat translation) to expose as little, or as
much of the internal network as you need.

My netopia takes one address (and is what the internet sees for my
wifes windows box), I have a few IPs routed directly to my Linux box,
and a few pinholes to reach miscellaneous things externally.

Check out config->advanced, I like the flexibility of the netopia over
any other stock dsl modem I've seen (unless BS crippled it - my ISP here
shipped me a severly crippled westell, so I'm still using my bought
netopia)
--
Rick Nelson
Basically, I want people to know that when they use binary-only modules,