Re: export an image of unicode keyboard layout

HS wrote:

>> xkbprint -eps :0 kb.eps
>>
>> (see also man xkbprint)

> Thanks for the pointer. I tried it, but I keep getting an eps
> with keys labeled with, I guess, key codes beginning with U0. I
> am not getting the key character symbols.

xkbprint is quite an old program, and it uses PostScript
"directly" (things like: "put a letter A here"). AFAIK this will
work in PostScript only for a very limited character set, not for
Unicode. For Unicode printing to work you need to look up a
character in a Unicode font, and then create a set of Postscript
commands (drawing curves, plotting pixels, etc.) for actually
drawing the character. libpaps (for instance) provides mechanisms
for doing this. Maybe it is possible to take the old xkbprint
source code and modify it, using the libpaps API. xkbprint as it
is cannot do what you want I think.

Regards, Jan