Re: Bug in acroread?

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 16:34:36 +0100, Joe Hart wrote:

[...]

> I agree, yet I get berated when I point out that Debian does not support
> acroread because it is proprietary to Adobe.  Go figure.

It is probably not worth to harp on this much longer, but as far as I
remember it you received some slight criticism because the OP of this
thread asked something like "I am using Adobe reader and I have this
problem, does anybody else see this?" and you reacted with "It is
proprietary, so how can we support it? Go talk to Adobe!".  I also found
this a bit inappropriate, considering that the OP had not asked you (or
anybody else) for support, but he just wanted to check if it is a known
general problem or if it would make sense for him to look in more detail
at his specific configuration.

--
Regards,
          Florian