Re: Best File System for partitions over 600GB

> > I would certainly trust XFS.  Of course, if you don't have your machine
> > on an UPS, it can cause problems on a crash or power outage.
>
> Great, that is the usual propaganda from XFS users with the same lame
> excuse written with small letters. It has this bad tendency to shred the
> file contents after powerouts or sudden kernel crashes... silently
> inserting lots of 0x0s, IIRC sometimes only a 512 byte block, sometimes
> filling the rest of a file after a certain position. I cannot prove it
> either, it is just the experience which I had every time after I tried
> XFS in the last years. And every time I came back to ext3 where I can
> not remember such trouble.

What about hard locks? Will the magical keystrokes prevent these
disasters with XFS?

Most of my JFS/XFS usage has been for data which I cannot backup (MythTV Video
Recording that are going to be erased in a few days after watching them)
And therefore I don't care about it being lost (compared to say /etc or
/home which do get backups and are on ext3)

--
Tarek