Re: Bug in acroread?

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 11:31:29 +0100, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Joe Hart wrote:
> > As for acroread goes, it has turned into a huge package.  The version in
> > my apt-cache shows 7.0.9, which is not the newest version, and it's a
> > whopping 22911748 bytes.  I imagine that 8.0 is even bigger.
> >
> > While KPDF may not be as feature rich, it does the job, and weighs in at
> > 742592 bytes, and can embed nicely into konqueror.
>
> ... and loads at least 10 times faster...

... and it gets better and faster all the time (as does evince). I am
still stuck with Adobe Reader for beamer presentations because the
rendering of images and mathematical formulas is not quite good enough
yet with KPDF/evince, but I am very optimistic that I can ditch Adobe
within 6-12 months if the free PDF viewers maintain their rate of
improvement.

--
Regards,
          Florian