Re: Bug in acroread?

Florian Kulzer wrote:
> It is furthermore possible to write custom plug-ins which impose
> additional restrictions. For example, we once got a reprint-PDF for an
> article that we had published in a scientific journal. This PDF required
> a plug-in so that it could contact the publisher's server to make sure
> we could only print 50 high-quality copies of the paper. Needless to
> say, this plug-in was only available for Windows. A nice way to take the
> "P" out of PDF...

You should have complained to that journal. Their effort it just a
nuisance and a pain for all their users and has practically zero
benefit. For any decent office, one print-out with a pdf-printer driver
(available for Windows) are all that is required to create millions of
copies.

Alternatively, one could use one high-quality print-out and a decent
scanner.

Johannes