Re: [Fwd: Re: Debian Installer on DELL PowerEdge 850/860]

On 09.03.07 19:09, Ben Humpert wrote:
> From: Ben Humpert <ben_humpert@msn.com>
> Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 19:09:00 +0100
> Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: Debian Installer on DELL PowerEdge 850/860]
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
> > Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 12:08:25 -0500> From: dparker@utica.edu> Ben Humpert wrote:> > my dell PE 860 has a Intel DualCore Xeon with hyper-threading, my Dell > > PE 850 only has a Intel P4 with HT. On both i only see two processors > > (for sure, the dualcore has two physical core, P4 only one physical and > > one logical). Why i dont see four cores on my DualCore? DO i need a > > special kernel-image or something?> > Are you runnning a SMP kernel?> > Try "cat /proc/cpuinfo" and see if it shows both CPUs and the number of > cores in each.> > - Dave
>
> Yes, for sure :) Here is what cat /proc/cpu said => http://nopaste.php-q.net/281168 (cpu cores 2)

Hello,
you seem to have broken newline handling in your mail client (msn/hotmail?)
Please try to set it up to break lines below 80 characters and not to remove
line breaks where they are (microsoft has very bad guess where do line
breaks belong, they have no idea about plaintext formattinf and
flowed-format messages)
It's now safe to throw off your computer.