Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Ken Heard <ken@heard.name> wrote:

RC2 will be available, rather than wait for Etch stable.  (I know
Etch stable is on its way, and so is Christmas.)
After having to install, or should I say, attempting to install, SuSe on a couple of servers in the last week I cannot say how glad I am that Debian releases its products when the product is right, not on a timed release schedule. The bugs I ran into were pretty major, and will never be found in an officially released Debian installer. The first install I ran into an "rpm hell" of dependency problems when trying to update the system. The second install, a network install, the installer greyed out the options for marking any partition as the boot partition.