Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

seriously though, and unfortunately, for many people it *is*
core. Having X totally crap out on them would be a good thing, IMO.

Well, it happened to me; but I did not consider it A Good Thing, as it almost hung the box. I had to log on in an F terminal to recover my data and move it to my laptop which had a functioning gui.

I couldn't get Xfree86 started again (this was a Sarge box). Sometime next month I will install Etch on that box. Maybe by then RC2 will be available, rather than wait for Etch stable. (I know Etch stable is on its way, and so is Christmas.)

				Ken Heard