Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 11:08:30AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 03/07/07 10:49, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 09:13:06PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> >>
> [snip]
> > idiotic statements, like "the whole country should turn the other cheek"
> > when that is not how it is supposed to work, even in the Bible.
>
> But this is a Christian Nation, correct?

Yes.  But if you had actually read I wrote, you would know that turning
the other cheek was a specific instruction to individuals by Jesus.
That is first of all.  Second of all, smiting on the cheek, which is
what Jesus was referring to, was an act of disrespect, not an act of
violence.  Thirdly, Paul outlines the guidelines for government.
Governmnet is not the individual is not government.  It is the job of
government to protect the people.  Occasionally that means defending the
country and killing other people in the process.  This is perfectly in
harmony with what the Bible teaches.

Regards,

-Roberto

--