Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 02:17:03AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
>
> > undetected.  Besides, if it was an ICBM attack, having fighters in
> > Portland wouldn't help.
>
> ICBMs are closer to an aircraft size object, and so far when it comes to
> moving aircraft sized objects, you just can't beat human aim.  Those
> missile tests don't particularly inspire much confidence.

ICBMs fly at around mach 20-30.  This is not Star Wars with Luke trying
to hit the little 2mx3m opening using the Force.  I think you'd be hard
pressed to find a human who had the necessary skills to shoot one down.
There is also the question of whether air-to-air missiles can even do
that sort of thing.

> > Nice revisionist bit of history there.  If you go back to the Reagan
> > Administration (and less so the first Bush administration), you will see
> > that the Soviets were a much greater threat (short term and long term)
> > than even Hussein and bin Laden.
>
> Two wrongs don't make a right.

Well, why don't employ a little moral relativism, of which the liberals
are so fond?  In light of that, what they did was right *at the time*.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez