RE : precision: how to assemble two 1,44M floppies into one 2.88M bootable

--- Stephane Durieux <durieux42@yahoo.fr> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know how to create a vfat bootable
> 2.88 M floppy image file.
> I need it so as to merge two bootable floppy (one
> bootable plus the other).
>
> That image would be a ghost (sorry) image.
> I have two 1,44M floppies (one bootable with net
> drivers + the ghost one) and I need to assemble them
> into a 2.88M one downloadable by pxelinux via tftp
> (don t wanna use windows utilities)
>
> I must precise that the operation with the first
> 1,44M
> one works perfectly but I need the second one.

ok, I ve found a solution with the package ms-sys:

so, here is the operation

-first create an image with 2.88M size
dd if=/dev/zero of=file.img bs=1024 count=2880

-secondly, associate this file  with a loop device
losetup /dev/loop0 file.img

- format the file
mkdosfs /dev/loop0

- make the file bootable