Re: Looking for DVD Writer that Debian 3.1 supports

On March 6, 2007 01:43:35 pm Michael Kerwin wrote:
> I am trying to load Debian 3.1 on a Pentium Duo Core Desktop using an
> internal DVD Writer on a 750GB Parallel IDE drive. Debian loads the
> netintal 3.1r5 netinstall cd but after asking the the keyboard and stuff
> tries to mount the cd to load the linux. At this point it complains that it
> doesn't have a driver for the DVD. I have tried an emprex (which was
> actually a sony dvd) and another offbrand DVD. None of them work. Does any
> one know an ide DVD Writer that debian 3.1 would have the drivers for that
> I could get that is a decent price?
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

You are probably better off trying one of the Etch test install cd it will
have a newer kernel thus better support for your new hardware. If necessary
try the url below for a Sarge installer with newer kernel included.

http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/

Stephen

--
GPG Pubic Key: http://users.eastlink.ca/~stephencormier/publickey.asc