audacity takes very long time to import flac

Does anybody know anything about this? I have tried to import a flac file in audacity (in Testing as well as in Sid), but audacity takes ages to do so. On a command line (I think using flac package), exporting the same flac to aiff takes very short time. Example: audacity takes around 44 minutes to import a particular flac file, which can be converted to aiff using flac in around 4 minutes and imported into audacity.

->HS