Looking for DVD Writer that Debian 3.1 supports

I am trying to load Debian 3.1 on a Pentium Duo Core Desktop using an internal DVD Writer on a 750GB Parallel IDE drive. Debian loads the netintal 3.1r5 netinstall cd but after asking the the keyboard and stuff tries to mount the cd to load the linux. At this point it complains that it doesn’t have a driver for the DVD. I have tried an emprex (which was actually a sony dvd) and another offbrand DVD. None of them work. Does any one know an ide DVD Writer that debian 3.1 would have the drivers for that I could get that is a decent price?

Any help would be appreciated.