Re: Where is debian-non-US

Dave Ewart:
> On Tuesday, 06.03.2007 at 10:48 -0600, John Hasler wrote:
>
>> It it my understanding (which may be obsolete or even simply
>> erroneous) that in Germany computer games are not to be made available
>> to children unless they have been approved and that the approval costs
>> money.

This is true. I haven't heard of any enforcement actions yet, but you
may not distribute "computer games" (whatever the definition is!) to
minors unless it has been approved. I think this has already killed a
few magazines with CD-ROM add-ons.

> Also, just as an example, certain games fall foul of Germany's (and
> other countries) anti-Nazi laws; e.g. Return to Castle Wolfenstein could
> not be distributed in Germany because of all the swastikas, apparently.

Correct. And on the EU level they are even discussing to make a similar
law obligatory for all member states.

J.
--
I am worried that my dreams pale in comparison beside TV docu-soaps.
[Agree]   [Disagree]