Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Paul Johnson wrote:
Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 09:20:28AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
Mitja Podreka wrote:

Ron Johnson wrote:
Or... they could get off their butts, get an education and improve
their own lives.
Saying that poor people are poor because they are lazy is like saying
that rich people are rich because they are hard working.
I've found the opposite tends to be more true:  Poor people are poor
despite working, rich people are rich despite being lazy.

As has already been said, if a poor person is still poor despite working
hard, then it is nearly always because of bad decisions.  I suppose that
you think that the government should just be making everyone's decisions
for them so that all the decisions that are made are "good".

Go read Freddy Freeloader's post about extraordinary circumstances, and
remember it can happen to anyone.

And, remember while you're reading it that I am STILL against socialized medicine and a nanny state.....