Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 09:20:28AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Mitja Podreka wrote:
>
> > Ron Johnson wrote:
> >> Or... they could get off their butts, get an education and improve
> >> their own lives.
> >>
> > Saying that poor people are poor because they are lazy is like saying
> > that rich people are rich because they are hard working.
>
> I've found the opposite tends to be more true:  Poor people are poor despite
> working, rich people are rich despite being lazy.

As has already been said, if a poor person is still poor despite working
hard, then it is nearly always because of bad decisions.  I suppose that
you think that the government should just be making everyone's decisions
for them so that all the decisions that are made are "good".

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez