Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 03:14:23PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
>>
>> No, I didn't.  It was an utter failure.  It took them how long to rescue
>> folks from the Superdome?  And then the cleanup from the Superdome was so
>> bad, demolition looked like it would be faster and easier for a time.  I
>> have a hard time prolonging a major humanitarian disaster "help."
>>
> Repeat after me: "the ineptitude of the state and local government is
> not the fault of the federal government."

Once it's a national emergency, it's a federal problem, not a state and
local problem anymore.  If the feds put some local yokels in charge, which
they did, the people who made that decision should be fired along with the
local yokels.  If the local yokels took charge because the feds failed to
act once it was in their jurisdiction, the people who failed to do their
job should be fired.  Not seeing anybody responsible for prolonging that
disaster (and thus making it cost more and more difficult in the longrun)
on the unemployment lines now, are we?