Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 01:07:27AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
>>
>> So I guess the trick to getting the US to help you is make sure you
>> aren't a US taxpayer and move someplace disaster prone.
>>
> What a crock.  If anything, the US government helps US citizens *far*
> more than it helps foreigners.  Or did you miss the reponse to Katrina?

No, I didn't.  It was an utter failure.  It took them how long to rescue
folks from the Superdome?  And then the cleanup from the Superdome was so
bad, demolition looked like it would be faster and easier for a time.  I
have a hard time prolonging a major humanitarian disaster "help."

Boy Scouts have historically done better with fewer resources in worse
conditions than Katrina.