Re: apt-get update success but with errors

Frank McCormick wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 11:53:42 -0800
> Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 01:03:02PM +0100, Jonas Geiregat wrote:
> > > At the end of the 'apt-get update' I get the follow output:
> > >
> > > Fetched 74.6kB in 6s
> > > (11.3kB/s) Reading package lists... Done
> > > W: GPG error: http://http.us.debian.org testing Release: The
> > > following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
> > > not available: NO_PUBKEY A70DAF536070D3A1 W: You may want to run
> > > apt-get update to correct these problems
> >
> > have you installed debian-archive-keyring?
>
>      Funny but I get the exact same error everytime I run aptitude
> update - but the second time I run it I get no error. And yes
> debian-archive-keyring is on my machine. Weird.

http.us.debian.org is a rotation of several mirrors. If one mirror gets
out of sync you can see this kind of behavior. I don't really recommend
using http.us.debian.org because of this problem, it's better to choose
a single well-connected mirror.

Additionally, it seems that you do not have key 6070D3A1 available on
your system, probably because you do not have a current version of
debian-archive-keyring installed. If you had this key then 'apt-key list'
would list it:

pub   1024D/6070D3A1 2006-11-20 [expires: 2009-07-01]
uid                  Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (4.0/etch) <ftpmaster@debian.org>

--
see shy jo