Re: Veritas Remote Unix Agent

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 10:28 -0500, Ed Curtis wrote:
> Greg Folkert wrote:
>
> > There isn't. Again, what have you tried to isolate any errors? Have you
> > put the beremote into debug mode? Have you noted any errors on the
> > server's logs?
> >
> > IOW, You really need to tell us hard info about your install and what
> > kinds of errors you are getting and how you installed it and any errors
> > and any failures. Are you getting access denied or Permissions errors or
> > what have you?
> >
> > Just telling us the "the server sees it but won't communicate" isn't
> > something we can work with.
>
> Here's the output of beremote --log-file:

[snip]

> Our installation is on an internal only lan. Hence the 10.0.0.x
> addresses. All the libraries in question reside along beremote in my
> /opt/VRTSralus/bin directory.

If the libraries are not seen by ldconfig... then there in might be your
problem.

If I were to be you, "as root" I would create a file using these
commands:

        touch /etc/ld.so.conf.d/be-remote-unix-agent.conf
        $FAVORITE_EDITOR /etc/ld.so.conf.d/be-remote-unix-agent.conf

Adding the following content to that file:

        # Support for BE Remote UNIX agent
        /opt/VRTSralus/bin

Then as root run "ldconfig"

Just to be safe, I'd open a new ssh connection and then try to run your
software. As you always want to verify "non-breakage" before you log out
of a working ssh connection.

Now, I am not there, but I would have expected the libraries to be
located in "/opt/VRTSralus/lib". Not that I know better, about something
I haven't seen, but you might want to check that. But it is entirely
possible that they are there in "bin".

Now if there are more issues, you might want to create a wrapper to set
the $PATH for this program as well. There are some endless number of
things to do.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup