Re: Veritas Remote Unix Agent

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 10:39 +0100, Mariusz Kruk wrote:
> Julian De Marchi napisał(a):
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting the Veritas Remote Unix
> > Agent working under debian. So far my google searches have told me that it
> > is not supported in debian. Any work around ideas if that is the case?
>
> It might be not supported, but it works for me (2 debian hosts, 1 fedora
> host). I use NetBackup4.5 on Windows with linux agents.

 I'm not trying to steal a thread here but I thought I would chime in
with my experiences. I have the same problem. I've been trying to
install it on Debian Woody for several months now and I can't get it to
work. beremote is running fine, I've had no errors, and I've made sure I
opened all the ports mentioned on Symantec's documentation site. I just
simply can't get it to communicate with our Win2003 Netbackup server.
It's seen in the Linux clients list but won't communicate at all.

Being most linux distros are the same as far as network services,
filesystem architecture, etc, I installed it on a RH9 machine just to
see what would happen and it worked like a charm the very first time.

I don't understand how there could be that much difference between a
Debian and Red Hat distro where it could work perfectly from the RH box
and not work on a Debian box unless running alien on the .rpm file to
convert them to .deb files screws with them somehow.