Re: A Republican!!!!!! (was Re: OT: sponge burning!)

Joe Hart wrote:
> Steve Lamb wrote:
>>>     Wow... your buses travel at speed in excess of 80mph?

> Your math is way off.

    Uh, no, yours is.

> 20 miles in 20 minutes is 60 mph, and yes, the
> buses do travel that fast when traveling on the highway.  The speed
> limit for the bus is 100 km/h, which is about 60 mph.  That doesn't mean
> they don't go faster.

    20 miles in 20 minutes is 60mph discounting anything like, acceleration,
deceleration, offloading passengers, boarding passengers and doing all of the
above safely.  Since you said it was 20 miles in 20 minutes and "It does make
stops frequently" I tacked on an additional 20mph to account for those
frequent stops.

    Furthermore you went on to say "that's why it takes 20 minutes instead of
the 15 it should".  20 miles in 15 minutes is... 80mph.  So I only asked
exactly what you were claiming.  If anyone's math is off it isn't mine.  The
numbers are right up there under your attribution line.

> However, I was exaggerating a bit.  To go the 26 km from here to
> Amsterdam, it takes about a half of an hour with the car or the bus.

    If you have to exaggerate "a bit" and that turns out to be buses zipping
along at 80mph (or more) then I really question what other things you're
fudging.  I wonder if you're including in your commute time the time it takes
to walk from the door to the bus stop or are you just starting the bus clock
once you step onto the bus?