Re: Fonts from GDM?

Dig this: /etc/gtk/
It seems to be a listing of what fonts to use in GTK apps, based on
locale. Trouble is, there is one for UTF-8, and a few  gtkrc.iso-*
somethin-or-others. I guess one of these is what I'm using?

I think this is what GDM draws on, based on
1. I can't find anything else
2. GDM source file /gui/misc.c refers to a GTK theme and a gtkrc file.

So, if someone can verify that this is logical, my new questions are
1. How can I tell which locale I am using?
2. How to I tell applications to use the correct font?

--
Matthew K Poer