Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 08:50:27AM -0500, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:

> > Actually, the can't all be right:
> >
> >   "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man
> >   cometh unto the Father, but by me." -- John 14:6
>
> In the output of the Jesus Seminar, this line is printed in the copour
> reserved for "Jesus did not say this; it represents the persoective or
> content of a later or different tradition."

What is the basis for that claim?  I here that commonly said of *all*
the Gospel accounts.  The point that I was trying to make was the Islam
and Judaism both reject Jesus (for different reasons).  Christians
accept him as the only begotten Son of God.  The point is, they can't
all be right.  No matter how hard you try and harmonize, unless you
simply ignore that Jesus ever existed.  Two of the three maintain that
he at least did exist.  One maintains that he *is* God.  I'm not sure
about Jewish history and whether they even acknowledge his existence.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez