Re: updated iceweasel firefox now hijacked from homepage to ads!

Dear fellow debianers,

Thank all of you for answering my question.

It was very informative to see that the behavior arose from a
careless? configuration assumption that assumes
http://firefox/ will
resolve to the real mozilla site.

But more fundamentally-

1) why should my browser ever directed to mozilla.com at all?
2) And why now every restart of firefox?

I recall now:
After every previous debian firefox/iceweasle package update
i was also directed  to mozilla.com
and only then only once. Afterwards it used my (local) home page -
just the way i wanted it to.

It is as if the browser is programmed
to  "report back" to home at least once.

So I thought- maybe now, because it is unsuccessful in connecting to mozilla.com
the browser  is repeatedly
trying to reach http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/.

So I tried to "report back home" manually
(ie i tried by log in directly to mozilla via
go to http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/).

But alas. Still on every start of iceweasel
it goes to http://firefox/ which is resent to an advertizing  search site.

Any more ideas?

Mitchell