Please help to make a server accesible from the internet

Hello

I am actually a user of Xubuntu Linux, but as it is based on Debian,
and here may be more people that are wise on servers, I come to ask
you for help.

I have 2 computers: one with Xubuntu and the other with Windows XP.
The Xubuntu machine is connected to the router Thomson Speedtouch
530v6 by ethernet card, and the Windows machine by USB.

I bought a static IP to my connection provider.

I had my Xubuntu machine with DHCP. As my isp gave me a static ip, I
used ifconfig to get the ip, gateway and subnet mask values, and typed
in the graphical UI as explained in:

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/ubuntu-net...ical-tool.html

(This is my first doubt. Why I used an ip assigned by the router
(192.168.0.129) instead of the static ip that my isp gave me (starting
in 85.)????)

All was fine, I do ping and can navigate.
Then, I forward ports 80 and 443 to Apache, and asigned it to my
Xubuntu PC as shown in:

http://www.portforward.com/english/r...0v6/Apache.htm

So... now what? I can't visit my server from the othe computer. When I
type my static ip (85.etc), I go to the router page, not the server.

Why? What must I do now?????

In my router page I see an option, maybe I must activate, but fear
doing something wrong. It says:

"	Assign the public IP address of a connection to a device"

And if you clic it, it says:
-----
"Assign the public IP address of a connection to a LAN device

This page allows you to assign the public IP address of your Internet
Connection(s) to a specific device on your local network...

You might want to do this if:

    * You encounter issues with some applications through the Network
Address Translation engine of your SpeedTouch.
    * This device is running server applications (web server, ...) and
you want it to be accessible from the internet.
    * This device has to be considered as the unique entry to your
local network (DMZ).
"
-------

Please help, I am desperate.