Re: OT: sponge burning!

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> Do you have a proposal for solving that problem?

    Going back to a limited federal government as the founding fathers
envisioned?  Returning the states' voice in the federal government?  Revamping
the tax laws so that the rank and file citizen knows exactly what they're
paying instead of what they're "getting"?

    I think all of those individually, much less combined, would do more good
than increasing the power of the federal government and closing the process to
only those the government itself would deem worthy of inclusion.