Re: OT: sponge burning!

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 12:09:47PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 02/26/07 11:53, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 10:05:39AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >>
> [snip]
> >
> > in that same vein, I think us congressional representatives should be
> > paid the mean income for their district :-P
>
> How do you pay for decent housing in Washington on a salary of, for
> example, US$18000/year?

exactly my point.

> You can't.

yup.

> The only people who could afford to be Congressmen are millionaires.

hm.. okay, I see what you mean. Well, first, take the money out of
politics -- publicly funded elections. Second, provide room and board
for representatives while serving in washington. third, pay them the
mean amount for their district so that they are *really* motivated to
improve the situation for their constituency because they reap the
rewards of that as well. I know its totally flawed and wacky, but hey,
I like it! ;)