Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> This argument is constantly trotted out by athiests and people who
> disbelieve the Bible.  It's a matter faith.

    "Faith" is the Theist's code word for "I will now ignore all contrary
facts and evidence, throw logic out the window and you will not criticize me
for that choice even though in every other sphere of human endeavor that would
earn be scorn and call into question the veracity of my claims."  But here's a
little secret, Roberto, we don't have to acknowledge the faith argument as the
end all defense.  I reject it.  You have to stand to prove your position just
as much as everyone else.

> If you go to court and you tell the judge that you were acting in
> acordance with the rules of a book written by some guys who *thought*
> they knew the law and were trying to make it easier to regular people to
> undertand

    You mean just like you do every day?  You do realize the Bible you have
been quoting is just that?

> How then, can God judge people when the don't know how they will
> be judged?

    I start by asking how he can judge when he doesn't exist.