Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

Ron Johnson wrote:
> Let me clarify for the dense of head:

    Allow me the same.

> There are stories made directly of whole cloth, and then there are
> stories about real people and places and events.

    While the Bible references real world events and people it inserts a
figure into those events who has not every been himself verified.  In fact
when you look closely at the events as described you find a whole lot of
problems with them as a historical record not the least of which is that he
bounces through time (hence why I said specifically 100BC-30AD).

    That is why I compared it to Forrest Gump.  The people and events were
real, the character that lead us through the story and his story specifically
were not.  If we were to approach Forrest Gump as if he were real we'd find
evidence that the time period in which he is portrayed did exist but the
records from that time period would make no reference to him.

    Excellent examination of early Christianity and the lack of corroborating
historical record of Jesus:
http://www.thegodmovie.com/index.php

    It is available in it's entirety on You Tube.