Re: Firefox/Iceweasel's weird close/quit behaviour

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 01:13:01AM +0100, Joe Hart wrote:
> That's one (fvwm) that I haven't tried. Unless that's comes standard on
> some distro's that I have tried.  I'll look into it.  Thanks for the tip.

Since you are running Sid, install fvwm-themes. It isn't in Etch, but it
looks like you can install the package from unstable.

> P.S.  Learning Curve?  What's that?  I've tacked the switch from Windows
> to GNU/Linux, and using the CLI for most of my management instead of
> doing things through a GUI.  I also am now running Sid because Etch was
> too stable for me to learn anything from. (If it ain't broke, I can't
> fix it)

You can have too much on your plate at once and never actually get to
eat everything before it gets too cold, whereas small portions ...

So I suggest installing fvwm, fvwm-icons, fvwm-themes.

create a .xinitrc file in your home directory.
man fvwm-themes for the syntax for the .xinitrc file.
disable kdm (you could purge it :-)
type startx and choose theme-management from the menu to choose a theme.

To get the Debian menu system:
theme-management-->current-->

Also check out the screenshots on the net and see how some people have
customised their desktops.

--
Chris.
======