Re: Firefox/Iceweasel's weird close/quit behaviour

Arnt Karlsen wrote:

>>> ..huh???  Both c-w and C-q works for me, both in kde and fluxbox, on
>>> both Iceweasel and Konqueror.
>> Perhaps you're running Sarge.  If you've you're running Etch or newer,
>> you're in for a surprise.  Konqueror 3.5.5 does not close that way.
>
> ..it does on my Sid boxes.
>
>>> ..now if the konq crew could use c-t rather than shift-ctrl-n for a
>>> new tab...
>> But it ctrl-t does open a new tab :)
>
> ..not here.  ;o)

Very Strange.

> ..could it be my setup overriding standard konqueror-3.5.5 setup?
> Been using kde since 2.2.2, and konueror since 3.0, AFAICR.

I would say most likely, because this system is a standard install, no
customization (to at least konqueror).

> ..we're all newbies at at least some part of life.  ;o)

Tell me about it.  It took me about an hour to figure out how to get rid
of the override of KDM so I could change the theme.  Thankfully, when I
tried to do it, a message popped up telling me about the override, and
referred me to a file (would have been better if it was a link).

Reading that file was a bit confusing.  I finally figured out that I
needed to remove a line in /etc/default/kdm.d/10_desktop-base, or just
rm the file.  The more times I encounter things like that, the more I
learn.  I don't quite understand why an override is needed and the theme
can't be set in kdmrc, but that's beside the point.

One of the things that draws me to KDE is the fact that _almost_
everything is configurable (I can't change the foreground text color on
the items in the taskbar :( ).  Oh well.

I have to agree with the OP that the apps should use the standard
shortcuts.  It's taken me a while to get used to ctrl-q because of
certain programs like Amarok that will go to the system tray if you try
to close them by clicking the close window button (usually an X).  There
are a few others that do the same.

At least we can download the source code and change it if it really bugs us.

Joe