Re: VMWARE problem with Etch

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 17:12 -0400, Guillermo Garron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> three days ago I switched from Ubuntu 6.06 to Etch, an now i am not
> able to run Debian

Have you properly compiled and setup VMware on you new installation?

Are you running a Debian Kernel? which one? Do you have "kernel-package"
install and the corresponding linux-headers for your current kernel?

> First on Gnome, i could open the console, connect to the server
> (localhost) but when i browse for the file I got an error, that is
> documented on the internet, but with no solutions. :(
>
> I tried with XFCE and could browse, but not start a machine,

If you don't have a proper setup, this means nothing.

> I even tried with the terminal
>
> debian:~# vmrun start
> /media/discob/guillermo/vmware_files/CentOS-Server/CentOS-Server.vmx
> Error: Command failed: The system returned an error. Communication
> with the virtual machine may have been interrupted
>
> and got this.
>
> is there anything wrong with VMWARE server and Etch?

Other than not applying the proper updates.

In the last week I have explained this 3 times. It is apropos for Server
and Workstation.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup