VMWARE problem with Etch

three days ago I switched from Ubuntu 6.06 to Etch, an now i am not
able to run Debian

First on Gnome, i could open the console, connect to the server
(localhost) but when i browse for the file I got an error, that is
documented on the internet, but with no solutions. :(

I tried with XFCE and could browse, but not start a machine,

I even tried with the terminal

debian:~# vmrun start
Error: Command failed: The system returned an error. Communication
with the virtual machine may have been interrupted

and got this.

is there anything wrong with VMWARE server and Etch?

Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."
(Using FC6, CentOS4.4 and Ubuntu 6.06)