VMWARE problem with Etch

Hi,

three days ago I switched from Ubuntu 6.06 to Etch, an now i am not
able to run Debian

First on Gnome, i could open the console, connect to the server
(localhost) but when i browse for the file I got an error, that is
documented on the internet, but with no solutions. :(

I tried with XFCE and could browse, but not start a machine,

I even tried with the terminal

debian:~# vmrun start
/media/discob/guillermo/vmware_files/CentOS-Server/CentOS-Server.vmx
Error: Command failed: The system returned an error. Communication
with the virtual machine may have been interrupted

and got this.

is there anything wrong with VMWARE server and Etch?

regards,

--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."