Re: Dosemu

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 02/20/07 13:26, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
I hope this message reaches you; your own email address (ken@heard.name)
is bogus, and I myself do not subscribe to the list.

Ken Heard wrote:

[snip]
Now we are getting somewhere. It seems that you do not have some
development libraries installed (necessary for compiling dosemu from
source).

Please do

apt-get install xorg-dev
apt-get install libslang2-dev

and try to compile again. If there are any other errors, please tell
about it on the list (in other words, don't say "it does not work", but
tell what the error messages are). You sent a personal email to me
twice; this is of course OK, but please, use a valid return address next
time if you want an answer.

I still don't see why he just can't/won't/shouldn't install the
Debian packages from contrib...

I don't either. It must be more convenient than compiling from source. If you don't have any ethical objection to using the dosemu source, why would you have any ethical objection to using "contrib" in Debian?

--
Chris.