Re: Today's ALSA Update in Etch killed my sound

Michael Pobega wrote:
This morning I logged on to my computer to find that there were a few updates to install. Syslinux, and ALSA are the ones that stood out from memory.

So after installing I played around, and accidentally powered down my computer. I've restarted now to find that the ALSA update borked my sound completely, I'm getting nothing.

How do I reactivate my sound? This is the first time I've had any sound trouble and I really don't even know where to start. Everything in alsaconfig is turned up to the maximum, and I'm still getting no sound.

Do you have integrated sound with your motherboard as well as a PCI card? Try running alsaconf to select the correct one. See http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/Sound_in_Debian_GNU/Linux#Check_your_hardware

--
Chris.