Today's ALSA Update in Etch killed my sound

This morning I logged on to my computer to find that there were a few updates to install. Syslinux, and ALSA are the ones that stood out from memory.

So after installing I played around, and accidentally powered down my computer. I've restarted now to find that the ALSA update borked my sound completely, I'm getting nothing.

How do I reactivate my sound? This is the first time I've had any sound trouble and I really don't even know where to start. Everything in alsaconfig is turned up to the maximum, and I'm still getting no sound.