Re: are diffs available for .orig.tar.gz files

On 2/19/07, Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 05:54:45PM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> Nope. You seem to mention the Debian-specific diffs. I'm looking for
> upstream diffs: diff between OOo 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 (orig.diff perhaps),
> not between Debian 2.0.1-3 and 2.0.1-4. Sorry for not making this
> clear...
No Debian site contains a diff for upstream. At least that is what I
understand.

Me not sure I understand: I know Debian's got diffs, but those diffs
are only Debian-specific. So for each source package you got orig,
diff, and dsc, and nothing else. What I'm looking for is the 4th file
which also got the diff between orig files (upstream diffs).

[snip]
So I'd expect an upstream diff to be availible from the upstream
website, if it exists.

I want to avoid this step and am looking for an easier way, since, as
you mention, the upstream diff file may not exist from upstream.
Another Question is if Debian orig files are ever modified or if they
truly are pure upstream. I'm thinking of the kernel issue where
non-free stuff is removed, for example.