Re: are diffs available for .orig.tar.gz files

On 2/18/07, Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 12:11:09PM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my great attempts to minimise bandwidth usage, I download Debian
> source packages since they contain only Debian changes (.diff.gz and
> perhaps the .dsc files). But then, are .orig.tar diffs for upstream
> changes available? I'm thinking of monsters like Linux and OOo, that I
> could just apply diffs between upstream (.orig) diffs instead of
> downloading the entire thing when only a 1000 SLOC changed. Would this
> be too complex a set-up if it's not already available...

[snip]

it seems you want the diff.gz ones.

Nope. You seem to mention the Debian-specific diffs. I'm looking for
upstream diffs: diff between OOo 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 (orig.diff perhaps),
not between Debian 2.0.1-3 and 2.0.1-4. Sorry for not making this
clear...