Re: Stupid Noob Question: Surfing the 'Testing' edge

> I've seen several warnings now about making sure to change "testing" to
> "etch" in /etc/apt/sources.lst once Etch goes stable.  (For testing
> purposes I've just always left it "etch".)  But what if what I want is
> to keep our machines at "testing"?  It seems to have the latest and
> grooviest versions of stuff. So how badly would I be shooting myself in
> the foot if I changed "etch" to "testing" in /etc/apt/sources.lst and
> just left it that way?

Have a look at this link:
http://people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/debian_choosing_distribution.html

It answers a lot of questions that relate to stable, testing and
unstable. Scan down the page until you hit some graphs (about midway)
showing Maintenance Problems vs. Time.