Re: Stupid Noob Question: Surfing the 'Testing' edge

Andy Hawkins wrote:
That would be just fine. As I understand it, stuff doesn't make it from
unstable to testing until it's been working in unstable for a while, so the
chances of testing breaking horribly are reduced.

It can still happen though, so there's a possibility that in the early
stages of development for the next release, testing could well break your
system.
Okay, so, just to make sure that I understand completely. Once Etch becomes the new stable release, does the unstable release replace the testing release? I.e. if I leave my systems at "testing", will I come in one day and find that all of my computers want to upgrade a billion packages to become what was Sid the day before, or does the testing release stay the same and continue to evolve at it's regular pace?

Michael