Re: Couldn't load XKB keymap... Can't switch to terminal mode

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 11:10:04PM EST, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 03:12 -0500, cga2000 wrote:

<snip>

> Well, I switched over to the nv driver, but no luck.  Nice idea, though.

Would that be the OSS nvidia driver?

If so, I wouldn't be surprised if it had the same problem as the
proprietory nvidia one .. or vice-versa ..  But then I have an old ATI
mach64 with 8M of memory on this old laptop so I wouldn't know .. :-)

So maybe if you still have a little faith in my theory that there is an
outside chance your problems might be due to the card/driver having
become a dysfunctional couple after the upgrade.. I would suggest you
try the generic VESA driver ..

Not as a solution or even workaround, naturally .. just to try and help
identify the cause of the problem.

But it does sound at this point that Florian's suspicion that this has
something to do with keymap handling after the upgrade is more relevant
to you problem ..  At least it would help account for the fact that the
keyboard action doesn't work and yet the chvt workaround does.

Thanks,
cga